California-based artist Lita Albuquerque led an expedition to Antarctica, near the south pole in the creation of her global installation ‘Stellar Axis’, a creative enterprise which became the first and largest ephemeral artwork created on the continent. Albuquerque and a team of researchers and astrologists situated 99 fabricated blue spheres on the Earth’s icy surface, the placement of each corresponding to the location of one specific stars in the sky above. During orbit, the displacement between the original positions of the stars and the vibrantly colored orbs drew an invisible spiral of our planet spinning in motion, creating a terrestrial constellation at the earth’s pole.
Ten of the Best Storybook Cottage Homes Around the World
These 10 fairy tale inspired cottages with their hand-made details call to mind the tales of the Brothers Grimm and other fantasy stories. All of these cottages are real-life homes from around the world. From stunning cottage houses to mystical stone dwellings, these 10 storybook cottage homes provide inspiration and inspire the imagination.
- Hobbit House - Rotorua, New Zealand
- Winckler Cottage - Vancouver Island, Canada
- Akebono kodomo-no-mori Park, Japan
- Wooden Cottage - Białka Tatrzańska, Tatra Mountains, Poland
- Blaise Hamlet - Bristol, England
- Willa Kominiarski Wierch - Zakopane, Poland
- Forest House - Efteling, The Netherlands
- Cottage in the Hamlet of Marie Antoinette - Versailles, France
- Cob House - Somerset, United Kingdom
- The Spadena House - Beverly Hills, California, United States
I want all of them.